Search Search

Funding Requests

Dependent Health Care -  Graduate students with dependents are eligible to apply for reimbursement for health insurance costs up to $100 per month per dependent.  Complete the request form and submit with appropriate documentation to the Graduate Studies Office.  The reimbursement will be paid as a miscellaneous payment through Payroll on the next pay period following submission.  Only enrolled graduate students are eligible, and students who are completing their studies should be sure to submit their request form at least one month prior to the end of their final term. 

Conference Travel - Enrolled graduate students in good standing may apply for conference travel support up to $500 once per academic year.  Reimbursable expenses include airfare, lodging, registration, and transportation.  Per diem and meals are not included.  Applications will be accepted for conferences each corresponding term during the following submission dates only: 

FALL TERM (October to December)

Forms due: August 1 - September 1

Apply Here

WINTER TERM (January to March)

Forms due: November 1 - December 1

SPRING TERM (April to June)

Forms due: February 1 - March 1

SUMMER TERM (July to September)

Forms due: May 1 - June 1

Applicants and their advisors will be notified of the decision by email.  To apply, please complete the online form via the active link above and submit it during the submission period for the relevant term in which the conference date falls. You will be asked to include the conference details (dates and location), the relevance to your research, a breakdown of the costs, and if you have applied for and received any additional funding from your advisor, the option/division, or the conference organizers, etc. Funding is limited and priority will be given to students invited to participate in an oral or poster presentation and to those students who have not previously requested funding.

Emergency Fund

Student Affairs Program Fund -The Department of Student Affairs provides funds to student clubs or organizations that provide campus-wide programs at Caltech. The Student Affairs Program Fund is intended for social, cultural, and recreational events and activities that encourage participation from the student community. Our goal is to assist student organizations not only with funding for their programs, but also to help with ideas, support, planning, and organization. The general guidelines for acquiring funding can be found on the Student Affairs website under Program Funding. In order for a funding proposal to be submitted, the student organization must first open a club account with the Bursar's office. If you have questions about the funding process, please contact the office of the Student Affairs Business Administrator at 395-3208.