Home / About Caltech / Research Facilities
Caltech's research efforts and discoveries in the sciences are world renowned. Graduate students enjoy the wide range of research opportunities that are available through the Institute. Caltech's research facilities are top caliber. In addition, our students and faculty have the chance to pursue research at some top-notch facilities of other universities, research centers, and private industry.
Some of our most prestigious research facilities include:
- NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL)
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Laboratory
- Beckman Institute
- Graduate Aeronautical Laboratories (GALCIT)
- Caltech Seismological Laboratory
- Donna and Benjamin M. Rosen Bioengineering Center
- Resnick Sustainability Institute
- Joint Center for Artificial Photosynthesis (JCAP)
- The Ronald and Maxine Linde Center for Global Environmental Science
- Kavli Nanoscience Institute (KNI)
- Keck Institute for Space Studies (KISS)
- Institute for Quantum Information and Matter (IQIM)
- Information Science and Technology (IST)
- Tianqiao and Chrissy Chen Institute for Neuroscience
A more complete list of research centers at Caltech is available on the main website.
In addition, Caltech Library Services provides outstanding support to researchers through their specialized libraries and online research tools.